Lolabelle in NYC

I'm your typical 30 year old New York City singleton. Or, I was in 2006 when I wrote these posts. Now I'm married and have a baby.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Once again, the Internet brings people together; Worlds Collide at Long Tail Party

This blog was built out of a desire to experiment with the interactivity and interconnectedness of the Internet. Also, I wanted to see if I could apply what I have learned at work to this site and build traffic without telling any of my friends about it…which is also why I decided to remain anonymous.

I don’t think the anonymity will last though. Here’s why:

1. I can’t keep my friggin’ mouth shut (main reason)
2. I attempted to network and make an appearance last night at a Long Tail meet-up (as my blogger self) only to realize that I would inevitably know other people (albeit, blogger-types) at the party. That put me in a weird spot because I had already signed up as Lolabelle with a link to this blog. I had to quickly revise my profile out of fear that one my friends would see it and recognize me from the photos
3. Yes, I post photos of myself.

I’m also very curious as which will happen first: Will one of my “real-life” friends find the blog or will one of my blog fans find me in real life. I think that I am so curious to know how it will pan out that I have been dropping hints all over the place. (Let’s face it, I’m full of shit and want to be found out. Not an invitation to stalk me though, please.)

By the way, I also have to say that Chris Anderson is a real sweetheart. He seemed to genuinely want to get to know his fans and listen to their ideas. Everyone should buy his book right now! As Natalie Portman said of the Shins, “It will change your life.”

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 4:33 PM, Blogger Lala said…

    Hi Lola,

    Thanks for your comment, I am hoping for karma... :)

    I enjoy your blog and often wonder who will find me out first. Only my brother knows, and he won't tell. He also has an alternate reality.

    I hope your secret comes out in a fun way.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home