Lolabelle in NYC

I'm your typical 30 year old New York City singleton. Or, I was in 2006 when I wrote these posts. Now I'm married and have a baby.

Friday, June 09, 2006

I Think I Broke the Internet

6/8/06- 2:47pm
I broke the Internet today.

First, I decide to start a blog and immediately take down all of blogger/blogspot. Seriously, I have written three posts waiting for this damn site to come back online.

Then, I took down Epsilon/Dream. Any web-geeks out there? Epsilon is one of the biggest email vendors in the world. I don't know if we were the only ones having problems, but DREAM has been down all day. The company I work for is a major news source and today is one of the biggest news days all year. (Al-Zarqawi killed) All the print editions missed the story. It was a shining moment for the Internet as a source of real-time information. Too bad we couldn't send out today's headlines...

OK, I've already realized that it will be impossible not to talk about my friends or my job. I told you that I would contradict myself. This is all part of the experiment, though. I still think I can remain fairly anonymous. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home