Lolabelle in NYC

I'm your typical 30 year old New York City singleton. Or, I was in 2006 when I wrote these posts. Now I'm married and have a baby.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Free Music on the Internet DOES Exist!

Shhh. This is a secret. As far as I know, I am the only one that has figured this out....

Of course, now you are all are saying, "Shut the fuck up. Ever hear of Limewire?" I hate all those software systems, though. They suck. They take too long and the music is always crap- incomplete, not what you are looking for, etc. Maybe I haven't tried in a while, but still.

OK, this got off on the wrong note. I'm excited about this find. It is called Hype Machine and it is the best website ever. It aggregates all the blogs that contain music and makes them searchable. But wait, there's more....

The little button on the top that says Podcast is the genius of this site. About a month ago, I discovered the site and suspected that the Podcast button might lead to free music. Sure enough, I podcasted a few bands (My Morning Jacket, Asobi Seksu to name two) and it obediently downloaded the first song from my search to iTunes. Exciting, yes. I IM'd all my friends. However, today, having forgotten all about it, I opened up iTunes and it proceeded to download 30 songs from the last 30 days worth of searches. Brilliant. I'm so excited.

UPDATE 8/8: The next time I plugged my ipod into my computer, the podcasts disappeared. I'm still working on this one...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home