Lolabelle in NYC

I'm your typical 30 year old New York City singleton. Or, I was in 2006 when I wrote these posts. Now I'm married and have a baby.

Thursday, January 25, 2007


I just read that Netflix is going to start allowing you to stream movies from their website. For every dollar of your monthly membership, you get one hour's worth of movie viewing. Of course, you need a high speed Internet connection and preferably a projector hooked up to your computer (things I only have at work,) but I still think the whole concept is brilliant. I may have to start pricing projectors.

What is really interesting to me is that Netflix is making a brilliant change to their business model. While they have always put their user-experience first, this new model does give them the option to sell advertising that runs prior to the movie. Hell, it would be stupid not to. This opens up a whole new revenue stream, will keep prices low for the consumer and allows the distributor to be in control of the content...the way it should be and has been for almost every other media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home